My parents told me "you can't learn anything from television; it just rots your brain."
Well, Mom & Dad- I have to say you're wrong. I found this courtesy of a 'friend' posting on Facebook.
What I've Learned From Flashpoint (link)
- Never take anyone hostage
- If you are a hostage, don’t be a hero. That’s what the cops with guns are.
- If you are taken hostage, you are probably not the best person to talk the gunman down (even if you’ve seen all four seasons of Flashpoint and think you can)
- If you take a hostage, they will shoot you IN YOUR BRAINSTEM!
- Just to reiterate, never take anyone hostage.
- If you take a hostage and you are cornered by the cops, just give up the gun
- If you are unsure whether or not to give up the gun, remember IN YOUR BRAINSTEM!
- They will not give you a plane, helicopter, or automobile. They are only keeping you talking until they can find a better vantage point from which to shoot you
- Always destroy the cell phone immediately and don’t give long demands. That is how they find you.
- They can shoot you (in your brainstem) from long distances, while you are driving, running, or standing still. It’s all the same.
- Most of these rules don’t apply if you remember: Never take anyone hostage.
You Are A Creative Dreamer
You dream big, and you often are willing to think of ideas that others wouldn't dare dream about.
You don't just think outside the box - you're not even aware of the box being there!
You can solve problems that other people think are impossible. You always explore all options.
Where others see nothing, you see possibilities. For you, the world is rich with potential.
I agree that I'm a creative dreamer- I'm just not certain about the description.
You See the World Through Blue Colored Glasses
You live your life with tranquility. You have faith that things will work themselves out with time.
You judge all your interactions through the lens of hope. You try to get all the facts before forming your opinion.
You face challenges with wisdom. You know that all bad things pass, and you have the confidence to see problems through.
You see love as the utmost expression of trust. Your relationships tend to be peaceful and stable.
At your worst, you can be cool, melancholy, and detached. You sometimes have to step back from emotionally charged situations.
You are at your happiest when you are able to reflect and relax.
Well, not exactly, but I'm learning and getting there. At least it's not through rose colored glasses.
What drink should you order at Starbucks this winter?
You Are an Earl Grey Tea Latte
You are an old fashioned person with down to earth tastes. You always are looking for quality.
You appreciate subtly, and you always realize that less is more. You aren't bowled over by novelty.
You are brilliant and sharp. There is a perfect balance you're striving to achieve in your life.
You enjoy home comforts and simple pleasures. You are a creature of habit and you relish your routine.
This I agree with- although, honestly, I've not tried Earl Grey Tea - much less an Earl Grey latte
I just might have to try this one day.